- Prices quoted are nett, ex Nursery. VAT will be charged at the standard rate in force at time of delivery. Delivery will be charged at our published rate.
- Orders must be confirmed in writing or by email. The placing of an order confirms acceptance of these Terms and Conditions in full
- For non-credit account customers, payment for orders must be made on collection or prior to delivery, we only accept payment from you, our customer. We cannot accept payment direct from your customer or client.
- In the event that a delivery is not paid for in advance North Hill Nurseries reserves the right not to deliver those goods and to charge an additional re-delivery charge at our published rate.
- In the event of abnormal conditions which make it impossible to carry out a normal delivery North Hill reserves the right to cancel any delivery without notice or incurring any liability. This includes, but is not limited to, restrictions to parking, parking permits required, road closures.
- On occasions we may use a specialist horticultural distribution company for deliveries. If this is the case we will inform you of this at quotation stage.
- All goods remain the property of North Hill Nurseries until they are paid in full at which point the risk on the sold goods is transferred to the customer.
- All credit invoices outstanding after 30 days will be deemed as unpaid and interest will be added at the standard interest rate as published by Barclays Bank plc from time to time. North Hill reserves the right to recover all reasonable costs and expenses if action has to be taken to recover invoice debts.
- It is your responsibility to check all deliveries and collections, any shortages or damages must be notified before the driver leaves the point of delivery and, in the case of collections, before you leave the nursery site. Errors cannot be corrected at a later date.
- Deliveries that are requested to be left on site when there is nobody available to receive, will be completed at the customer's risk, photographic evidence will be taken and will be available on request.
- Due to phyto-sanitary reasons we are unable to accept plants back onto the site – as soon as stock leaves the site they are exposed to conditions outside our control and accepting them back could endanger the health of the stock on the nursery.
- All plants are checked prior to delivery and to the best of our knowledge are delivered in good health. Once the plants have been accepted and signed for North Hill accepts no responsibility or liability for any subsequent infection or symptoms that develop on the plants or any issues arising from the plants.
Cancellation or postponement of deliveries within 10 working days of the dispatch date will be subject to a cancellation fee as published on our web site to enable North Hill to recoup the losses incurred, these are estimated at up to 25% of the value of the order, without prejudice or requirement of the seller to prove any loss incurred.
Changes made to an order within 10 working days of collection or dispatch date will be subject to additional handling fees of up to 25% of the order value.
Credit notes are valid for one calendar year from the date of issue.
- Any plant that is a 'Special Order' (Genus or specification of plant that we do not ordinarily stock and/or large quantities) is non returnable or refundable.
Supplementary Terms and Conditions for supply to Show Gardens
We are unable to contract grow for show gardens.
We will be unable to pick plants for collection or delivery to show gardens, you will need select your own plants on a Cash & Carry basis.
It is advised that you do not select plants more than a week before collection or delivery.
The plants must be paid for at the time of selection.
Payment must be made by you and not your client or customer.
Plants left on our delivery beds for collection or delivery will be kept watered, we cannot carry out any other husbandry operations.
Plants selected for later collection and delivery may not be removed or swapped out of the order.
We will require the correct passes to be sent to us at least one day before any delivery is due.